My name is Catrina Hudson and I founded Hudson Consulting a Vision Ltd in 2013 when I moved back to the UK after 20 years as an international private banker and wealth advisor in London and overseas. My LinkedIn profile including qualifications and details of the 3 global institutions I worked for over that period can be found by clicking on the button at the top of the website.
During my career, aside from the relationship management and technical skills acquired, I gained experience in building business platforms and teams. In financial services, there is a maze of creative, technical and regulatory issues to be navigated and complied with. As a team leader, one has to be effective at motivating and coaching staff to create enthusiasm whilst ensuring people take responsibility for their actions. So I have been described as having a supportive management style by adopting a pragmatic, hands on approach.
In my current business, these skills have proved effective in helping clients grow their family businesses although in a different context. My approach is to assess, research, organise and try to add value to their business. At the end of the day, I do not want to be the decision my clients regret! So I am committed to the core values of integrity, respect, stewardship and loyalty.
Working in different environments, I have an ability to adapt and I enjoy the challenge of making new opportunities work. With a track record of achieving results in tough challenging environments, I rely on being self-motivated, approachable and fully committed to deliver on promises.
Though we all wish that problems did not happen, the reality is that I am often mandated to help when things have already gone wrong. Fortunately, I like problem-solving and can apply myself to different business sectors and family situations to find a way of sorting it out.
As a private banker with Barclays, Prudential Bache and ANZ Grindlays Bank:
• Banking and Credit Solutions
• Investment Management
• Wealth Structuring (in relation to protection and succession planning)
• Customer service and sales
As a consultant, a number of different areas, including:
• Marketing strategy for a hotel
• Individual coaching in relation to career development and dispute resolution
• Review of family situations to aid in obtaining the correct professional advice, be it financial, tax or legal
• Consulting on wealth management strategy to financial institutions
• Management of a self-catering holiday cottage
• Project management of Derwent Water Regatta (2014 and 2015)
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
• International STEP Diploma (Distinction): Society for Trust & Estate Planners
• IMC/FSDR (Investment Management Certificate / FSA Financial Securities & Derivatives – UK regulatory exams)
• Series 7, Series 3, Series 63 (US regulatory exams)
• BSc Economics (2.1) from Bristol University
• Travel: have visited over 55 countries and still counting!
• Hiking and other outdoor activities
• National Trust Volunteer